Scan your QR Code

Your Frequently Asked Questions


How can we help you?

Our Frequently Asked Questions are here to answer any questions you might have about studying at Salisbury College Australia.
Choose a category to find the help you need.

All students

are encouraged to join SCA’s educational services. Any student can access entry into Salisbury College Australia through their chosen Agent, filling out an enrolment form available on SCA Website, or personally come in to our campus and proceeded with enrolling.

Salisbury College Australia (SCA) provides students with access to all necessary academic instructional and assessment facilities, materials, and equipment. Our classrooms are modern, well-lit, and have ventilation, and air-conditioning.


All facilities include:

– Language assistance

– Computer lab and library

– Facsimile and photocopiers

– Computers accessible for personal study

– Free wireless internet

– Student lounge and lunch area with microwave ovens, fridges, and vending machines

– Well-being, Care and Counselling

– Social and field trip programs

– Accommodation options and assistance

Many of students have combined study plans. This includes different courses with SCA and we highly encourage all students to do so to meet friends and be academically involved. Most enrolled students start with a General English course and then move onto Academic English or VET course.When you arrive at SCA, you will have a speaking interview with our Director of Studies. They will assess your proficiency level and you will be able to discuss your interests, needs and future plans. From this interaction, we will customise a study plan for you to reach your goals.

SCA’s General English course is open to all adult applicants. All students need to complete the SCA English Placement Test to identify the proficiency and requirements. All students enrolled in VET programmes will also sit the VET Proficiency Test. The only document you need to fill in is our application form.  You will need to provide your IELTS/PTE test result certificate to prove the required language proficiency level.

When you enroll in any course, you need to arrive at 8:30 a.m. to complete your level test. This will be followed by your assigned Orientation Session on Mondays 10:00 a.m. and Thursdays 3:00 p.m.

Simply introduce yourself to our receptionist and we will guide you from there.

Please bring your passport, a copy of your visa as well as stationery (a notebook and pens). You can also bring your lunch.

Any student who meets SCA’s minimum course entry requirements for VET programmes, is eligible to get admission in Diploma or Advanced Diploma courses.

If you are 18 years of age and have completed year 12 at school and have successfully completed a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Test, you will be eligible to apply for and enrol in any of Diploma or Advance Diploma courses offered at SCA.

Upon successfully completing of all components of your VET course, you will receive a nationally recognised Diploma/Advanced Diploma/English language Certificate from SCA. If you have not completed all assessment items or other course components of the course that you have enrolled in, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the Units of Competency that you have successfully completed.

You can study English for as little as 2 weeks or as long as 60 weeks. We will assess your skill level (with an exam) on your first day and place you into a class according to your level. You also do tests throughout your enrolled course. We will test you every month and promote you depending on your test results. Vocational Courses vary from 52 weeks up to 104 weeks.

No. You can apply for CT (Credit Transfer) or RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning). Please see the Student Handbook for more information.

The timetable allows for VET classes during the morning, afternoon and evening. For English classes, we have two shifts: morning and evening.

To study VET programs, you need an IELTS score of 5.5. You don’t need this exam if you have studied at SCA and completed an English course to meet the required level, or if you supply us with an English certificate of proficiency like PTE, IELTS Cambridge English.  If you have received from a registered English College and you achieved Upper-Intermediate Level this is sufficient evidence of English language proficiency. Alternatively, you can take our free SCA English placement test.

Direct Entry agreements are based on equivalences. To enrol into a tertiary course that normally requires an IELTS 5.5, you will need to successfully complete our Academic English course with an EAP1 certificate. An IELTS 6.0 is equivalent to an EAP2 certificate. If your desired course usually requires an IELTS 6.5, you will need to graduate at EAP3 level.

On your first day at the SCA, you will receive your student ID card during Orientation. You can use your student card for getting student discounts on entry to cinemas, theatres, museums, aquariums, art galleries throughout New South Wales etc.

If you have enrolled into any course, you can access your student handbook here

If you have chosen to study an English course, a textbook will be provided if you have paid the material fee. At orientation you will be given the book required for your level. If you have chosen to study a VET course, textbooks and online links will be provided to you for either each subject or a text book for the full duration of the course if you have paid the material fee.

Salisbury College Australia helps for accommodation to standards, but all are excellent value for money. Staying with a homestay family is encouraged to become familiar with the Australian lifestyle.

If you would like SCA to arrange accommodation for you, you need to book minimum 2 weeks before you arrive in Australia.

Students are usually not able to transfer to a new education provider within the first six months of their course. 

Please see our course cancellation and refund policy here.

Holidays may be granted during your course at SCA but there are specific Department of Immigration regulations that SCA must uphold. Please ask at reception for a holiday request form. These rules are in place to avoid disruption to study plans and to comply with government regulations.

It is very important to us that you are satisfied with your course and the services provided by SCA. If you have a complaint please fill out the form (click here) or make an appointment with the Director of Studies. We will do everything we can to find a solution quickly. However, if your complaint has not been solved by or concerns the owners and operators of SCA, you may contact the Overseas Student Ombudsman at

SCA accepts many forms of payments, including international bank cheque, credit card and direct deposit. SCA holds an account with two international student payment.

If you are already in Sydney at the time of enrolment, you could also come to pay in cash.

Payment is usually required 8 weeks before you start your course. However, depending on the extra services you would like us to arrange for you (such as accommodation or work program) your payment may be required earlier. In any case, your payment due date will be stated on your invoice and a confirmed place at SCA will be secured once all fees have been received as outlined on your invoice.

No. Student visa holders do not get concessions on public transport.

Yes, it is a condition of the Student Visa that you have acceptable health insurance cover during the whole time you are in Australia. The Academy can arrange Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for you or alternatively your agent can make arrangements on your behalf. For more info go to Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Students usually need approximately $AUD 2,100 per month to cover accommodation, transport, food, clothes, and entertainment options like going to the cinema, etc. This does not include airfares, health insurance, and tuition fees.

Summer (December – February), Autumn (March – May), Winter (June – August) and Spring (September – November). Generally, the weather in Sydney is good all year round. For the current weather conditions in Australia, see

Students from the following countries can apply for a Working Holiday visa (417): Belgium, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Taiwan. In addition, students from the following countries can apply for a Work and Holiday visa (462): Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey and Uruguay. Visit the DIBP website for more information or to apply. Applicants holding passports from other countries are not eligible and should opt for another visa, such as a visitor or a student visa.

The majority of SCA students study on one of the following 3 visas: a visitor visa, a student visa or a Working Holiday visa. With a visitor visa, you can study with us for 2-12 weeks, either part-time or full-time at your convenience. You will not be allowed to work but will be able to combine study and travel in Australia. To qualify for a student visa, you need to enroll for a minimum of 12 weeks full-time. You will be allowed to work part-time during your course and will be able to travel for a few weeks only after the end of your course before your visa expires. Students aged 18-30 coming from certain countries have the third option of a Working Holiday visa. This is a one year visa on which you could study, travel and work as much or as little as you like. You can find all information you need on visas from the Department of Immigration’s website or your local Australian embassy.

Your visa must satisfy the visa requirements and comply with a number of visa conditions for attendance and academic performance. Your Student Visa will list the conditions that apply specifically to you. Descriptions of common student visa conditions can be found on the on the Australian Immigration website. It is important to comply with your visa conditions to avoid cancellation of your visa.

Students coming to study English for over 3 months generally apply for a student visa. In Australia, student visa holders must maintain more than 80% attendance at their school and may work for up to 20 hours per week on average. (Maximum 40 hours over a 2-week period). Alternatively, some students apply for a subsequent visa to qualify for other programs, such as a longer Conservation Volunteering program or a Professional Internship. Conditions apply. Visit the DIBP website for more information or to apply:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us a question.

If you are a current student at Salisbury College Australia, please contact our Student Services Team (